Thursday, September 18, 2008

Ocean

When I step in, you embrace me,
tender lapping waves push and pull,
lazily I float and feel free,
happiness seeps in until full.

You send friendly fish to amuse,
their splendid colors attract me,
teasingly chasing, they accuse,
I've invaded their privacy.

You adorn the shoreline with shells,
I collect spectacular ones,
each has its own story to tell,
caressing all, I know I’ve won.

You send a soothing breeze my way,
it tosses my hair in the air,
lightly dancing, it wants to play,
joking that we make a good pair.

You sing a song of contentment,
the lulling sound puts me to sleep,
shoving away all resentment,
I slip into a slumber so deep.

My eyes open to a painting,
its beauty splashed across the sky,
brilliant colors rearranging,
your friend, the sun, has said good-bye.

Shadows appear to end the day,
and it is time for me to go,
we exchange smiles before I say,
loving you keeps away all woes.

No comments: