Friday, September 5, 2008

Joy from the Soul

Today I sat down with a blank page in front of me as I often do. Initially nothing came to me. Then I wrote Joy from the Soul. I was putting my notebook away when I had another idea which led to the lyrics God Created a Masterpiece.

I sit and wait for inspiration,
my masterpiece, my creation.
The page is blank, reflecting my mind,
not a single idea can I find.

Pen in hand and ready for action;
pen on paper ready for motion;
nothing comes, no creative juices,
there is no contact with my muses.

I accept there's no masterpiece now;
tomorrow I'll try once more I vow,
to combine words into something fun,
or write a song as warm as the sun.

And, if I don't, I will recover,
since my dreams push me to discover,
the final product isn't the goal,
it's writing that brings joy from the soul.

1 comment: