Monday, July 14, 2008

Twenty Minutes of Fame

Published in The Tripoli Club Gazette

Some people believe that everyone will have 20 minutes of fame in their lifetime. Was this lady's appearance on the Tonight Show with Jay Leno her 20 minutes of fame?

She delightfully told this story and the audience loved her.

"Well, I was in the bathroom getting ready for bed when I dropped my dentures in the toilet. Of course, I reached in to get them, but my hand got stuck. I twisted and pulled but it was stuck.

After 30 minutes I telephoned my friend. It's a good thing that I had my cellular phone with me! I asked my friend to please come over and help me because my hand was stuck in the toilet!

My friend came and he tugged and tugged, but he couldn't get my hand out.

Finally, my friend decided to call 911. The fire department's rescue team rushed over and succeeded in freeing my hand!"

1 comment:

on the edge said...

Think I would have opted for new dentures ! LOL !