Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Grandmother

This poem is dedicated to my friend
on the edge:

I gazed at my daughter in amazement,
holding her newborn daughter in her arms;
cuddling her while providing nourishment,
instinctively protecting her from harm.

I gazed at my daughter smiling brightly,
motherhood certainly agreed with her;
lips brushed her little one’s cheek so slightly,
the contented sound was like a cat’s purr.

The beauty of the moment was captured,
imprinted in my heart forevermore;
I never knew I could feel such rapture,
joyous feelings penetrated my core.

Watching my granddaughter sleeping soundly,
I softly placed a kiss on her forehead;
while covering her I whispered fondly,
I love you then I tucked her in her bed.

1 comment:

on the edge said...

This is so beautiful it has moved me to tears . I am sending it to my daughter now . Thank you so much !!!!