Monday, July 21, 2008

Betrayal

A black cloud covers me,
through tears I cannot see,
pain beyond description,
leading to restriction.

Once a friend, now a foe,
is the cause of my woe,
betraying our secrets,
showing his lack of grit.

Eyes that once shone are dead,
I can’t get out of bed,
my sorrow is so great,
yet I still cannot hate.

I laugh, and then I cry,
always wondering why.
Why did he betray me?
Why can’t I let it be?

My heart screams out in pain,
I am no longer sane.
I fight the urge to call
remembering his gall.

A soft moment changes,
one small feeling ranges
from a hill to mountains,
then tears flow like fountains.

It takes me many weeks,
to forget and not seek,
a flame that is not there,
we’re no longer a pair.

1 comment:

on the edge said...

So sorry your friend betrayed you . Hard thing to forgive .