Thursday, July 3, 2008

Golden Years

I laugh at my golden years,
struggling to get in gear,
losing all races with snails,
breathless and looking so pale.

Worst than slowing down so much,
is the final knock out punch.
Ronald Reagan here I come,
forgetting and feeling dumb.

What has happened to my mind?
Losing it is so unkind.
Remember what? I forgot.
Another flash makes me hot.

Golden years is such a joke,
seems it’s a humorous poke,
at old folks reaching life’s peak,
laughing as brittle bones creak.

2 comments:

on the edge said...

Ah Serena dear , you are looking at this all wrong !! When one reaches that " Certain Age " , you are automatically considered WISER !!! Then there is the privilege of being able to speak your mind however you want at times when as a younger person you wisely wouldn't .And you can shamelessly flirt with all comers ... because you can now and no backlash ! See it is all in the perspective of things .

Serena said...

So you mean I can proudly wear my purple hat???