Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Life's Lessons

Life's daily lessons are easy,
once I open my eyes to see.
There's a reason why I am here,
a purpose as my time draws near.

I need to accept differences,
stop all negative references.
My heart needs to radiate love,
transcend pettiness, rise above.

Forgiveness is on the top list,
to emerge through an angry mist.
Then there's the call for compassion,
a new way, make it the fashion.

Balance work, family and friends,
soul mends, a winner at the end.
Throw out materialism,
return to spiritualism.

Well, life's lessons aren't so easy,
as I open my eyes to see.
I have to improve my outlook,
follow what's written in God's book.

Why do I shy away from roads,
built to handle heavy loads?
I opt for the off beaten tracks,
carrying loads that break my back.

My life's path can be direct, smooth,
or painful like pulling a tooth.
It's up to me to make the choice,
select well, so I can rejoice.

Now life's lessons can be easy,
once I open my eyes to see.
I grow, become a better me,
evolving to what I must be.

No comments: