Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Lyrics - I've Given In To Love

Broken trust and shadows of doubt,
lead me down the heartbreak route,
why did you break my heart, I shout,
but the words fall idly about.

I'm wrapped in a blanket of pain,
as tears pound my cheeks like rain,
slowly the door to my heart locks,
and is shoved behind a concrete block.

I've given up on love…
I've given up on love…

Then you appear in my life,
and melt away my fear,
I feel safe in your embrace,
each kiss makes my heart race.

One moment I'm floating,
the next I'm crashing,
memories descend on me like an ugly mist,
reminding me of the last goodbye kiss.

And that I've given up on love…
I've given up on love…

I gaze into your eyes,
wishing to see inside,
is love now on my side,
or is what I hear all lies.

My head swirls as you whisper in my ear,
suddenly your voice is all I can hear,
how can I give up on love when you are near,
I can't give up on love when you are near.

I've given in to love again…
I've given in to love.

1 comment:

on the edge said...

So true , so true . And just like another song says .. Love hurts !