Thursday, February 5, 2009

Lucky

Puppy land is where I am,
mesmerized by such a ham,
bringing great joy to mid-life,
I’m a mom as well as wife.

Lucky is her name today,
bringing smiles like bright sun rays.
Sometimes she’s known as Troubles,
but bad deeds burst like bubbles.

Lovingly, big brown eyes stare,
melting the angriest glare.
Forgotten is the torn chair,
or sharp teeth pulling my hair.

Marveling, I watch her dig,
will she discover a rig?
Oil or gold would be so great,
is my couch the hidden gate?

Training is coming along,
she barks and tells me I’m wrong.
I’m now doing things her way,
and she ignores what I say.

At night she sleeps at my feet,
till bedtime when our eyes meet.
Our lives are woven with gold,
I’m lucky too, so I’m told.

2 comments:

on the edge said...

Nothing like the love of a baby , no matter what the species huh ?

Serena said...

I couldn't agree more!