Sunday, February 15, 2009

Email Message on Valentine's Day

I opened my email box,
sat motionless as a fox,
disbelieving the message,
which was meant to encourage.

It is a virus I mused,
looking completely confused,
slightly touching the delete,
the motion was incomplete.

Deciding to take the risk,
click, it opened in a whisk,
once again I gaped in shock,
panting like I ran a block.

Tiny tears slid down my cheek,
still through blurred vision I peeked,
a valentine’s card from you,
my deepest wish had come true.

3 comments:

Rose Bud said...

Very nice.

on the edge said...

Hope it was a lovely one !

Serena said...

Actually it was because I took Hawa to the flower shop and we each selected lilies in our favourite colors. She favored pink whereas I went for bright yellow. I don't know if you've met Hawa but she is the girl that lives with my mother-in-law.