Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Rusty

God called Rusty home on July 25.
His wife Janice asked me to write
a poem to express her gratitude to
all their friends who have provided
comfort and support during such a
difficult time.

How do I express what is in my heart
since God called Rusty and we had to part?
The love pouring forth from our dear friends' eyes,
gives needed strength for the final goodbye.

I feel blessed to be surrounded by friends,
reaching out to comfort while my heart mends.
All your thoughts and prayers, flowers and letters,
shower kindness and make me feel better.

But what gives me the greatest happiness?
You were a part of Rusty's life and miss
all the little things that made him stand out,
and cherish thoughts of what he was about.

Words seem inadequate to say thank you,
so I will send love to all of you who
keep Rusty's family close in your prayers,
as we slowly heal layer by layer.

1 comment:

on the edge said...

God bless and keep them all .I will remember him in my prayers .