Monday, August 25, 2008

Pandora's Box

I dug up my Pandora’s box,
out leaped jealousy like a fox,
followed by hatred and anger,
I could hear their threatening purr.

Insecurity strangled me,
impatience kicked me in the knee,
gasping for air, moaning from pain,
pelted in poison, left in the rain.

Soaked, frightened, shivering from cold,
depressed because I was not bold,
I threw up my arms in despair,
ugly feelings growled like a bear.

I suffered their brutal attacks,
lacking the courage to fight back,
weakness, illness crept through my veins,
I welcomed death, was I insane?

Enveloped in blackness, I screamed,
tunnel of light, was it a dream?
The light wrapped me in a warm coat,
dark emotions jumped in a boat.

I watched as they drifted down stream,
realization dawned, my eyes gleamed,
instead of burying my fears,
I dug them up and faced the tears.

Ugliness cannot surface now,
to my freedom I bow and bow,
weakness has been replaced by strength,
I’ve no regrets, I’ve come great lengths.

1 comment:

on the edge said...

Truth and beauty always triumphs ugliness and fear .