Monday, March 16, 2009

Deep Thoughts

I don’t answer the telephone,
or give the dog a juicy bone.
I don’t think about cooking meals,
or go shopping for steals.

I don’t report to work each day,
expecting to increase my pay.
So people say I’m negative,
and they recommend sedatives.

Psychobabble cannot help me;
empty those drugs into the sea.
I am reflective and searching,
then analyzing while perching.

Deep thoughts absorb my attention,
there’s no need for intervention.
I pursue them seeking their source,
I acquiesce, there is no force.

I want to tap my potential,
meditation is essential.
Mundane chores can be distracting,
while fresh thoughts are interacting.

So carry on and waste your time,
worry and fret over a dime.
Meanwhile I’m setting my mind free,
so that I can grow and be me.






1 comment:

on the edge said...

Good for you ! I think people now a days are allergic to thinking and contemplation , don't you ?